Welcome to Romsey Local History Society
We are also known as LTVAS Group
We are the amateur local historians and archaeologists for Romsey and district (in Hampshire)
We are starting on our new project to study the lower Test valley in the Saxon period, in conjunction with the University of Winchester. Details as they evolve but see details on the Christopher Collier page . If you want to join in come to one of our workshops or e-mail us.
We have reprinted our book about Middlebridge Street. You can buy it direct from us or from the Tourist Information Centre in church Street Romsey. It costs £4.
Our Aims are:
to discover, research, record and publicise historical and archæological material relevant to the past of Romsey, Nursling, Wellow and nearby places. The Group collects, conserves, stores and periodically exhibits documents, photographs and artefacts. We also publish books about Romsey.
Our Activities include:
• At least 25 open meetings each year – free to members (See Our Programme)
• Distribution of a regular newsletter to members (See Join us)
• Twice weekly workshops for active research (See Our Workshops)
• Support for Friends of Botley Road cemetery (See Botley Road Cemetery)
• Occasional exhibitions and courses (See Our Programme)
• Guided walks in and around Romsey (See Our Programme)
• Assistance to schools and educational projects
• Talks and presentations to other groups (See Walks and Talks)
• Liaison and co-operation with local organisations
Depositing archival material at the Hampshire Record Office
LTVAS Group is short for Lower Test Valley Archaeological Study Group
LTVAS Group is a registered charity, number 271293
Site revised 2 August 2014