After the Rhinoceros Stan Cousins and Janet Berrow, (1983) Illustrations by Rod Hoyle 64pp + map 142g ISBN 978-0-906921-04-3 A history of Romsey’s railways.
After the Rhinoceros
- Romsey's first railway ran from Bishopstoke, now Eastleigh to Milford, now Salisbury. The first train ran in 1846. In 1865 a second route was opened that ran from Redbridge, later Southampton, to Andover. This line was nicknamed 'Sprat and Winkle' and was closed in 1964. Romsey still has railway connections and a fine station building.